Celebrating 7000+ Likes!

My author page on Facebook has reached over 7000 likes and I'm celebrating by giving away 7 prizes to random commenters on my post (you have to post on Facebook to enter - ALL are welcome and the link is below).

https://www.facebook.com/mvsfans/photos/a.10151147255959322.460191.33763514321/10152256754824322/?type=1&comment_id=11734143&offset=0&total_comments=394

I wasn't quite sure what to think of Facebook when it first appeared.  I was a big MySpace user (remember that?) and didn't want to add to my digital work load. My friend, Alethea created an author page for me on Facebook and was answering questions and, when she couldn't answer, she'd email me and I'd tell her.  My niece Amy also helped out from time to time.  Now I answer all the questions/comments and I have a personal page (which I post mostly the same things on - I'll post more about my family and life on my personal page and all my book news on my author page). 

As Facebook became more popular, I discovered the number of emails I receive has gone down and it has saved me time.  Plus it's an ego boost to get hundreds of likes and comments when I post big news like about the new Study book - SHADOW STUDY.  Facebook makes it easy for me to post news - unlike my Blog which takes up more time.  I've been on Goodreads since 2008 and seen that site grow in popularity - it's a fun site that I enjoy.  I avoided twitter - I don't think I could keep up with it!

I wonder what will be the next big thing for social media.  I'm happy with Facebook and I know I'll be reluctant to change, but I will follow the crowd because connecting to my readers has always been important to me - that will NEVER change.

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm so glad Facebook was a problem-solver and not a huge problem, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Maria!! Facebook is one thing I never ventured to. Likely never will either for particular reasons, but there are times when I see the benefit of it. Like now!

    I did recently join Twitter, in part to getting an upgraded phone, but yeah, it's definitely hard staying on top of sooo many tweets, but I manage decent enough!

    Did not know you had a title for the new book!! EEP!! Sooooo cannot wait to read that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for the new Study book!!! :) I don't use Facebook nearly as much as I used to, and I'm not the biggest Twitter user, either. I'm trying to be more social media savvy though. Congrats on the milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning Sydney CBD
    End of lease cleaning Birrong

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Absinthe Earl Author Interview & Giveaway!

House Cleaning

Celebrating!